Monday, May 29, 2017

BAM Dance Africa Festival - Bazaar

    Every year BAM (Brooklyn Academy of Music) in Fort Greene, Brooklyn celebrates African Culture and heritage during memorial day weekend. The biggest event is always the street festival, hosting hundreds of vendors (majority Black owned businesses) selling all kinds of handmade clothes and jewelry, among so much more. This time around I went on the first day, Saturday, and I purchased a beautiful long skirt which would the complete my outfit for the next day when I attended with my sister. Between both of those visits I bought the skirt, a necklace, waist beads, two bracelets, and earrings. All a steal and seemingly "one of a kind". For the pst few years I've noticed it is always blazing hot during this weekend but this time around it was rather chilly. However, the cool weather did not stop the crowd, the music, or the fly outfits. Here are some photos I captured :

my look for the day



my sister wearing a SolAfrik shirt

Red velvet funnel cake !







Fly by Knight clothing line

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion