Monday, July 23, 2012

Jean-Michel Basquiat: The radiant child

    Jean-Michel Basquiat: The Radiant Child is a 2010 documentary film about Jean-Michel Basquiat. It is based on footage which director Tamra Davis took when they met in 1985. The first version was a 20-minute film which was shown at the 2006 Sundance Film Festival. The feature length documentary includes interviews with people close to Basquiat. The other night I watched this film with my younger sister and it is amazing. Being that I am working on a documentary myself it is great that I watch all types of other documentaries for inspiration. This film is inspiring and I plan on watching it again. Basquiat's story is that of many great artists in the 1980's yet extraordinary. This film explained his time very well. I almost want to experience it, all of it. I honestly wish I could go back in time. Many artists of my generation/ my peers look up to him and I now know why.



If you have not seen the film, here is the trailer.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion