Tuesday, August 7, 2012

I hate when people say "Natural hair isn't for everyone".

     Yes it is. It’s your NATURAL hair. You didn’t come out of your mother with a relaxer kit.
In all seriousness, this statement really bothers me. It's like saying fingers aren't for everyone whilst cutting yours off. I posted this on Tumblr and the post got a lot of attention. A lot of people agreed with me. But for the people who didn't agree they argued by saying that some people can't maintain natural or certain natural hairstyles aren't for everyone, which I think is still ridiculous. It is not revolutionary or a fad or style to wear your hair the way it comes out of your scalp, it just is. I understand that hair maintenance, but that goes for anywhere you wear your hair. We all know that relaxers are damaging and at the end of the day being natural is simpler(in my opinion)

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion