Thursday, November 17, 2011

How to make your own Cowl Scarf!

Now I'm sure you've been seeing these funky scarves around a lot, as I have. For more photos click here. Everyone's wearing them. This is yet another trend I don't quite understand but I'm going to show you how to make your own. It's easy!








After I cut it

   What you need is an Over sized Thick sweater. The reason is so that the scarf is thick and you are able to double it(like the real deal). You also need a pair of big scissors.
   First put on the sweater and measure where you want to cut it. If the sweater is long enough to cover your behind you should cut at your belly button or higher. Then take the piece and roll/fold/wrap it accordingly to get the look. It's that simple!




Trying on my new scarf

The end result
   Now, I'll admit: I did rush into this. It's something I really wanted to try, I also do not have a lot of money. I went to a 99cent store near my house and bought the sweater for 2 bucks! Now my advice to you is to please be wise while choosing your sweater. Buy or find a sweater that is very long and thick. Think about it: these scarves are being sold for hundreds of dollars! and you could simply make our own. I will certainly try this again and I will post about it. Please try this yourselves if you want and feel free to email me at KearahJ@gmail.com photos and a little description of your results.

1 comment:

Kasidy said...

What a great idea! I going to have to try that, I love those scarves and, also, the 99 cent store :)

www.thefreshfactorgc.com

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion