Monday, June 27, 2011

Outing of the month: PRIDEFEST !

Now lets start with my outfit. This shirt (which I've posted about here) promotes the fight to stop bullying, The sneakers go perfectly. I wanted to carry a handbag rather than a shoulder bag which would cover my shirt or a backpack which I would have to constantly remove from my back to put things in it an take things out. Luckily the Ed hardy bag worked. I was ready for my day. What is most important about Pridefest in NYC this year is that this past Friday the bill to legalize Gay Marriage in New York was approved. Definitely an iconic moment for my city, so of course a lot of people came out to celebrate and there was tons of excitement. It feels as if I am part of a revolution, a fun revolution lol. I didn't get to see the actual march/parade but I was there for all the festivities, performances, and over priced food ! I saw a lot of people with wonderful outfits, t-shirts, and nothing but rainbows. I took as many pictures as I could of me and my friends and of course other things that caught my eye. Think of this post as a picture diary of the event:

The audience


The best pic I could get of the march













My friend Vanessa's t-shirt

More people

I really liked her outfit, and she wasn't the only one half
naked Lol

There were a few people giving out free hugs

This shirt is epic


My aunt, and two of her friends

a man dressed as wonder woman


















































Also, there was a performance of one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite musicals. Seasons of love from Rent.:


Overall I enjoyed myself greatly, i had a lot of fun. and I am proud to say that I am a New Yorker !

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion