Friday, June 24, 2011

To be black and conscious in America is to be in a constant state of rage.
                                                                       -James Baldwin

    The other day I stumbled across this quote literally right after I was thinking it. I didn't exactly word it this way on my head, but I was thinking "I hate my people". Now, not necessarily hate, but every time I turn on the television or go on the internet and I see minorities doing ridiculous things it makes me sick to my stomach. Also I notice that my peers complain about things of that sort, very often. Which is not good at all. People are constantly going to be stupid/ridiculous or just something you don't approve. I know everyone has an opinion, this whole blog is based on mine, but if you keep posting, tweeting, and blogging about what "grinds your gears" you will forever be angry. I am conscious, but I can't let things which I cannot control get to me, or at least I try not to. Anyway this was said by American novelist, writer, playwright, poet, essayist and civil rights activist James Arthur Baldwin (August 2, 1924 – December 1, 1987).

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion