Sunday, October 23, 2011

Zig-Zag Manicure

  For the past month I've been more interested in nail art than ever before. You've probably noticed based on a few of my posts. This time I've created my own design which I call the Zig-Zag manicure. This design was inspired by The explosion design seen here.

  First off I'd like to apologize for the lack of step-by-step video/photographs in this post. I will just talk you through it and hopefully that will be helpful. :)

Materials:
  • 2 regular nail polishes of two different colors.
  • 1 detailing nail polish
  • Clear nail polish
  • Tape (preferably clear tape)
  • Scissors


Steps:
  1. Cut your tape into small rectangular strips. (about 20-30)
  2. Paint your nails with your first color. You can choose any colors, this is what is aesthetically pleasing to you. I went with light beige so that it is simple and that my second color pops. Let dry.
  3. Place 2-3 strips of tape on to each of your nails so that the revealed (top parts) of your nails are a mountainous shape.
  4. Paint over your nails with second color. Let dry
  5. Use detailing nail polish and paint a thin line along the tape. Let dry
  6. Remove strips of tape off all nails.
  7. Paint over nails completely with clear nail polish.
And here is the final result:


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion