Monday, January 30, 2012

Happy Birthday KiD CuDi!

  Scott Mescudi, aka KiD CuDi is an alternative Hip-Hop artist who does not label himself as a "rapper". According to him Hip-Hop has too many rules. I agree with him on this. KiD CuDi happens to be one of my favorite artists and is 28 years old today. CuDi is one of my favorites for multiple reasons. I feel that I identify with him in many ways. His persona, his attitude, his talent... there is nothing not to love about this man(in my opinion anyway). His mantra "Solo Dolo"  is a track off his first album "Man on the Moon: The end of day"(09). He came out owning the title "The lonely stoner" but is now "Mr. Rager" For those who do not know what that means Here's and what CuDi had to say:
There’s only one original Rager, and thats me. I started this ‘rage’ sh*t. The lifestyle, the term, the whole new meaning and definition of the word. Understand and be clear, IAM THE RAGER, IAM FOREVER. When you hear ANYONE talking bout ‘rage’ or ‘raging’, know where that shit originated. Guess ima have to do some trademarkin’. ACCEPT NO SUBSTITUTES. WE LIVE THIS SH*T! -KING WIZARD (via CudLife)
 I love Scott Mescudi because he is true to himself. He is humble. He makes the music he wants to make and is true to his own style. HE HAS NOT CONFORMED. Not only is he true to himself but he is true to us, his fans. I understand why certain may not understand this. Or "I hope they understand that I really understand that... they don't understand"(GHOST!) rather.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion