Tuesday, October 16, 2012

GMH

Here's a sappy GMH story but truthful and concise.

    I was on the C train heading home the other day and two high school boys got on the train. They were both little "Hood" and went on to have a conversation discussing gangs. They were talking about rules and being crip and other non sense. Then one of the boys says to the other something along the lines of "F*ck that S#!t !, It's corny". In my mind I said "Yaaaaas". He went on to say "Go to college, get an education; When I come back, I'm gonna drive through the hood and laugh at these Niggas on the streets".

   I was pleasantly surprised by his revelation, I almost shed a year. I think that was mostly because of my own judgement from the second they got on the train, but he proved me wrong. His friend asked him what school he would want to go to, he said either BMCC or a school upstate, which isn't very specific. But in my eyes, it doesn't matter where you begin. I have tons of friends who have gotten/are getting they're associates degree and are moving on to bigger and better things. I almost never here these inner city high school boys talk about college, it was refreshing. Hopefully he can convince the friend he was talking to as well as all his other peers to go to college. and then they will teach younger generations. and then community college will never be an option.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion