Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Book of the month!

  I know I didn't have a book of the month for July, nor August but hey... it was summer. Now I'm in schoool and I'm reading, on my own! I downloaded the Google Books app onto my phone and started reading The Scarlet letter.

  The Scarlet letter is an 1850 romantic work of fiction in a historical setting, written by Nathaniel Hawthorne. Set in 17th-century Puritan Boston during the years 1642 to 1649, it tells the story of Hester Prynne, who conceives a daughter through an adulterous affair and struggles to create a new life of repentance and dignity. Throughout the book, Hawthorne explores themes of legalism, sin, and guilt.
I've heard of thios book, as well as the movie adaptation, but I've never read the book... nor have I seen the movie.

  So by the end of this month, whether I am finished reading it or not, I will post all about the book and how I feel about it. For all my readers who read, you should be excited. Stay tuned.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion