Monday, September 5, 2011

The West Indian Day parade

aka The Labor day parade, is an annual celebration held on American Labor Day (the first Monday in September), in Crown Heights, Brooklyn, New York. This event attracts between one and three million participators. The spectators and participators watch and follow the parade along Eastern Parkway. I went today. My mother is from Jamaica so I had to represent. Here's a video/photo slideshow I made of the event:



 and here are some photos I took:









 Overall, I enjoyed myself. My feet are hurting but I am glad that I had fun and got home safe :). See more about my outfit here http://chictopia.com/kearmonie
Here is a song played constantly at the parade which everyone knows word for word, "It's Carnival" by Destra:

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion