Wednesday, July 27, 2011

The 90's are back !

On Nickelodeon that is. A night-time block for the young adults who grew up on 90's Nickelodeon started on Nickelodeon's sister channel TeenNick(mad especially for teenagers) two days ago.





   Each of these shows represent my childhood. Even the shows my mother didn't allow me to watch. I'm 18 years old, and this is the age where you start to "feel old". For instance, i have two  younger siblings who are 5 and 7 years younger than I am. When i'm talking to them and I bring up shows from the 90's they look at me in confusion, then I have to remember that they're too young to remember that stuff. Another example is that the channel Boomerang, which title goes with the fitting slogan "it's all coming back to you", plays old cartoons  Cartoons from as far back as the 1970's. Recently they started playing "The powerpuff girls" which was one of my favorite cartoons growing up, in the 90's.
  What I thought about the most, is how things have changed. I seen so many things that now these shows seem weird to me. When I was 6 I didn't question why everyone on "Doug" was a different color, or why Clarissa' next door neighbor who was a boy could come into her bedroom whenever he felt like it, or where/who the hell was Kel's family. That stuff didn't matter, nor did I know to question things. i was a kid. all that mattered was that I laughed. Now-a-days television shows for kids are horrible. they all have unrealistic story line. Back in the day shows didn't need a silly gimic like a girl leading a double life as a pop star, or a girl with a web show, or kids who are ninja, or super gifted and talented kids. they were just shows about kid like us living their lives, and it worked.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion