Sunday, July 24, 2011

R.I.P. Amy Winehouse

  Yesterday, July 23rd 2011, Soul/Jazz songstress Amy Winehouse was found dead in her London home.Winehouse shot to fame with the album "Back to Black," whose blend of jazz, soul, rock and classic pop was a global hit. It won five Grammys and made Winehouse — with her black beehive hairdo and old-fashioned sailor tattoos — one of music's most recognizable stars.
  A press release from the Metropolitan Police, which doesn't specifically name Winehouse, says:
"Police were called by London Ambulance Service to an address in Camden Square NW1 shortly before 16.05hrs today, Saturday 23 July, following reports of a woman found deceased.
On arrival officers found the body of a 27-year-old female who was pronounced dead at the scene.
Enquiries continue into the circumstances of the death. At this early stage it is being treated as unexplained."
  The cause of death has yet to be confirmed but I'm sure we can all figure it out. The singers battle with drug and alcohol addiction almost took the front stage to her talent. The singer recently canceled a concert tour after being intoxicated on stage during one performance. She was always on the news for seeming drunk or high.
  Personally I am very saddened by this tragedy. It’s hard to explain. I just can’t believe it. I was on my way to my family reunion when I saw people posting about it on twitter. So I googled, and it was confirmed. I was just confused. Like when you go somewhere just to see that the place is closed and you think “Now what”. We can always say that she brought it upon herself, and that she was heading down the wrong way but she was gone too soon. I’m just sad about it or disheartened rather. At the age of 27, no one should have had to go though that battles she's had within herself. I just really hope she could've gotten help. Clearly she didn't. In her first single rehab she proudly states "They tried to make me go to rehab, I said no no no". Of course I do not know what went on in Amy's personal life, I do not know why she turned to drugs and alcohol, nor do I know if she was trying to get clean or not. I do know that this is certainly a tragedy and she will be missed.
With that I leave you "Rehab":

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion