Saturday, July 16, 2011

Alexander McQueen, Savage Beauty at The Met

I went ! 

    Today I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the highly anticipated Alexander McQueen exhibit “Savage Beauty”. Which I posted about a few months ago, here. We were not allowed to take photos of the exhibit at all, so the following images from the exhibit are not mine. It was amazing. The pieces were beautiful. Besides the amazing clothing, there were quotes McQueen said himself written on the walls. One of which read "There's no way back for me now....I am going to take you on journeys you've never dreamed were possible". Which is exactly what he did. I recognized a few pieces, thanks to mother monster Lady GaGa. But others left me in awe. They were all so beautiful.

We are all familiar the shoes. The shoes The shoes The shoes!


They were all there. Here are a few outfits which stood out to me the most:


 All of the pieces were amazing but I immediately fell in love with this dress. It is so beautiful, I was speechless looking at it. I can't explain how beautiful I think it is. I imagined this dress being something I'd wear for my wedding, someday.




 This garment reminded me of Lady GaGa's 2010 VMA's Red Carpet outfit. 





Speaking of Lady GaGa, An outfit that stood out to me the most was this one
    Solely because this is the exact outfit Lady GaGa wore in the Bad Romance video. I recognized it right away. You can only imagine how excited I was.


   Overall the first word that comes to mind when I think "Savage Beauty" is Amazing. It was, well more than amazing. I feel that I am blessed to have experienced this. I loved every part of it and never wanted to leave. Alexander McQueen has redefined fashion, and most of all Art. If you have not gone to see this exhibit I highly suggest you do ASAP. "Savage Beauty" ends August 7th, so hurry !

   What wasn't so great, however, was the wait. When you walk up the big staircase into The Met there was immediately a line for the exhibit. We waited for about an hour and a half. Besides being able to see the exhibit itself another plus was that we saw other art work while waiting on line, The line was very long :

   But as I said I highly recommend you go to The Metropolitan Museum of Art to see the Alexander McQueen Savage Beauty before August 7th !! If you haven't already.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion