Friday, July 1, 2011

Born this way


  Lady GaGa's latest album, is amazing. It is jam packed with the whole 80's vibe, dance records, love songs, sexual references, religious references, uplifting songs, everything GaGa is about. Personally I feel her previous album, The Fame Monster, was much better but it doesn't take away from the greatness of this album. One specific song which stands out is "Hair". An inspirational song in the mold of "Born This Way". The lyrics are essentially about embracing one's hairstyle as the ultimate expression of their identity, climaxing with Gaga triumphantly declaring "I am my hair!" in its huge sing along chorus. "(It's) one of my favorite songs," she revealed, before going on to describe it as "an uptempo, club track but it has a Bruce Springsteen vibe."
  My favorite part is: "I just want to be free, I just want to be me And I want lots of friends that invite me to their parties. I don’t want to change, and I don’t want to be ashamed. I’m the spirit of my Hair, it’s all the glory that I bare". This song truly speaks to me and I relate to it. It definitely one of my favorites of hers. Listen:



   Another one of my favorite songs on the album is "Bad Kids". It is the anthem for kids who do not fit in, who are not perfect, and who may even be labled as Bad. The song is tough and in-your-face, but also soft and heartwarming, with Gaga singing on the breakdown to the disenfranchised rebels of the world, "Don't be insecure If your heart is pure. You're still good to me, If you're a bad kid, baby." She begins the song saying "We don’t care what people say, We know the truth. Enough is Enough with this horse shit. I am not a freak, I was born with my free gun. Don’t tell me I’m less then my freedom". Listen:



  On the album she has the song about partying in New York City "Marry the night", a song about being a strong woman "Scheiße",  a ballad similar to "Again again" and "Speechless" which is "Yoü and I" and much more records which all tell stories. Not only do they tell stories but they're up beat and make you want to dance. The all have a super 80's vibe. and who doesn't love the 80's.
  Overall Lady GaGa is a very talented woman, a wonderful person, and my Idol. She is such a huge inspiration. At only the age of 25 she has touched the hearts of millions, including me, and continues to. I know that there is nothing wrong with who I am or I how I wish to express myself. I do not understand how anyone could not adore Miss Stefani Germanotta. Paws up.
I think I found my fave GaGa GIF

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Follow In MY Opinion